Friday, July 15, 2011

Glasses.

I have horrid vision. I've had glasses since I was five (I picked out my first pair with my dad; they were a light blue, and I picked them because they matched my dinosaur dress I had on that day), and Jon since he was...seven? He was young, anyway. I also have an astigmatism and a lazy eye (which I had surgery for at the age of seven, and though it's not as noticeable as it once was, when I'm tired, it tends to drift), and both of us have really strong prescriptions. Jon's parents have glasses, as do my own. So basically, our kids are determined to have glasses. It's just a fact of life. Jill got her first pair when she was three. Beth's about to get her first pair. We went to the eye doctor yesterday and he determined she needs them.



I was worried that she might have a lazy eye, so the doctor checked her for that. Here she's looking at 3-D images to test her depth perception. She's fine, thank goodness.



And instead of looking through those lenses that adults do, she just had to wear a tiny pair of glasses to determine how nearsighted she was.

And when she gets her glasses in a few day, I'll be sure to put up pictures!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I can relate. I was six when I got glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little kids are so cute with glasses! (And yes, I'm probably biased. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww she looked so cute up there in the chair:)

    ReplyDelete