Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My husband, the father.

They say that you'll fall in love with your spouse more when you see how they act with your children. I believed the saying even before I had kids, but 11+ years later, it still holds true. When the girls were babies, Jon didn't interact very much with them. He'd hold them and change them, but it wasn't until they started moving around and making noises and becoming little tiny people that he really bonded with them. Now he'll come home from a long day at work and tickle them or read a story to one or the other, he'll help them with their music practice if they need it, and he'll do it all gladly.


He's silly with them, he shares his interests with them, and I can see his love in the way he acts around them. He's genuinely glad to be around them. Before marriage, I knew he was good with kids because he and I used to babysit kids of a couple we were friends with. But he amazes me--even when he's tired or grumpy, he still shows he loves them every day, and I'm beyond thankful for that.



2 comments:

  1. A man who's a good father is such a sweet blessing. And to me, makes men more attractive! That and doing dishes. :)

    ReplyDelete