Saturday, January 24, 2015

I woke up to a winter wonderland this morning. The sun hadn't fully risen, so the world had a blue cast. No animal or man had broken the snow, so it coated tree branches and blanketed the ground, pure and clean. I didn't have an opportunity to take pictures, but it was beautiful. I hope to get out later today with my camera and capture at least a little of what the world looked like this morning.

Since this is a public blog, I don't want to say too much, but Jon may have a work opportunity coming up that I would appreciate prayer for.

He was on vacation this past week, and he's been very busy on the house. The walls are sanded and painted, a new light and a new fan are hung, and our house is starting to look nice! We're hoping to get our floors done this summer, and if we do what friends of ours did, it won't cost too much to get it done.

I'm almost done with school!! I finished all my classes weeks ago, but I've had this one test hanging over my head (it's not graded, but all seniors take it and its given to many colleges); MBU is in the top 10% of school (I think it might be higher, actually), so I'm feeling pressured to do well. I have to have a proctor and someone at the school will be on the other end, I don't know, making sure I don't cheat? Anyway, since Brenda (my pastor's wife) has proctored all of my tests, Jon and I wanted to get her something nice. I can't wait to give it to her! It's a nice set of knives that Jon got at Penny's; with the sale and a coupon, he got a set of almost $300 knives for $100.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I just read your article about Blackbeard in Femnista and wanted to tell you I enjoyed it :-) Pirates have fascinated me since I was a little girl, and your article was like a little refresher course on them. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was fun to do a little research. I even learned there were women pirates!

      Delete
  2. I love when snow is pristine and completely untouched. Adds to a sense of calm and even a little magic... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! And even when I'm tired of snow, that beauty always makes my heart ache a little.

      Delete