Monday, May 7, 2012

Over the river and through the woods. (early April)

We drove to Jon's grandma's house after Yankee Candle. I had the girls take naps; I don't remember if they did or not, but they rested at least. When we got there, Stella had some muffins for the girls to munch on since the pizza she'd ordered was going to take a while. After everyone ate, Jon showed the girls where they could play outside (Stella has a huge sloping backyard where she grows lots of flowers, though not as many lately). Stella gave me a huge bag of books, and we sat around talking till the pizza came. Everyone had several slices, then the girls went back outside to play. Our trip there was uneventful, which was nice, especially considering that Stella can be a very unpleasant person. She's finally getting old and realizing that she doesn't have as many people as she wishes (she had knee surgery a few years ago, and has a hard time with her leg). We drove home, loaded up with goodies and snacks and books and money (which Jon put in the girls' savings account--I'm very glad we've opened one for them!).

*******************************

The next day, Saturday, we drove to IKEA in the evening to buy some bookcases. We ended up with three really nice medium brown ones, as well as a smaller one for me to organize my school stuff and some boxes to hide the girls' loose papers in. We had fun walking all over the store looking at things we liked and would like to get one day.

********************************

Monday, we went with friends to see The Hunger Games. I'd give it a B. I thought they did a good job with it, but I didn't really have a connection to any of the characters. I teared up mostly when it showed how District 11 acted when you-know-who died. :/ Also, while I didn't have any clappers, I had a lot of laughers. They laughed every time a tribute died, and during the scene where Katniss is hallucinating. I don't think I'll be going to see the second or third in theatres, though I'll probably watch them when they come out on DVD. Yesterday we went to Boston, but that deserves an entry of its own. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment