Wednesday, December 21, 2011

When we joined our church, Jon was excited about jumping in the music program. The choir director didn't do a very good job because he had no training, which was fine, but as Jon majored in music and took a choir directing class back in college, he was happy to be able to take over the choir. It has grown by leaps and bounds (and our pastor had Mac Lynch come earlier this year which was a great learning experience for Jon and for us as a choir), and this year, we did a cantata.

We practiced long and hard (and Jill did a solo--so sweet!), and I feel we did a really good job. The church was packed (I didn't expect that--it was a nice surprise!), and I feel the message came across clearly. I don't know if anyone got saved, but I hope we planted a seed in many peoples' hearts.

Jill in her dress. I loved her in it, because she looked like a little girl (I was kind of shocked by some of the fancy dresses out this year).



Beth had cute hair, but it doesn't translate very well to this picture. It was a sideways french braid and I thought it was adorable. :)



Poor Kate. She slept until half an hour before we left, so she wasn't exactly willing to get dressed. I left her hair for the church since I'd have time to french braid it there.



Unrelated, a friend of Ginny's gave her a bunch of stuff (which she in turn gave to me). One of the things in the boxes was a 3D corkboard gingerbread house puzzle, and we had fun putting it together.



No comments:

Post a Comment