Monday, November 28, 2011

30 days of thankfulness, day 18-28.

18. Friends. I've got some really good friends here in CT (though most of them don't live near me), and I'm so thankful for them. No one ever mentions how much harder it can be to make friends as an adult. And I have many wonderful friends online, as well. I've only met a couple of them, but I'm very thankful for them.

19. The internet. This may seems silly to be thankful for, but some days, it's my sanity! I can read blogs, catch up with friends, waste time, and lose myself for a time there.

20. Chai tea. I have a friend who recently introduced me to this delicious beverage. It's so nice to watch TV in the afternoon with a cup of hot tea warming my hands.

21. Netflix. I don't have cable or an antenna, so the only TV we watch is what's on Netflix. I've been able to watch shows that I haven't seen in years, and I've fallen in love with a bunch of new things.

22. The different seasons. While summer's definitely my favorite, I love watching them change. They all have their different beauties: the new green of spring, the vibrant colors of summer, the yellows and reds of autumn, and the cold beauty of winter.

23. Slippers. I hate having cold feet, so I wear slippers all the time. Jill just picked out a new pair for me and I laugh every time I wear them because they're leopard print. ;)

24. Zales. As much as Jon might hate his job some days, he's been employed there for six years, and it's been a good job. Plus, he buys me jewelry, so what's not to love? ;)

25. Homeschooling. I really do enjoy being able to teach my girls about so many things, from school-related things, to field trips to learn more about the world. I may not be able to teach them forever, but I love that for now, they look to me to learn about the world around them.

26. Letters. I'm not the best penpal, but I do love getting letters! And I'm better at writing them than I used to be.

27. Ice cream. Jon and I have it several nights a week. My tummy's not as flat as it used to be, but it's a nice way to connect with Jon and relax after long days at work or at home.

28. My phone. It takes great pictures, and I'm so thankful for it. It's actually replaced my digital camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment