Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Beth recently bought a scarf loom, but bought the wrong kind of yarn. I made the first scarf for her, and finished it for her today; she bought more yarn and has started a second scarf. It only took a few minutes and she had the process down. I expect this scarf to take her a few days since one step is hard for her, but I can't wait to see the final product.





Like so much of the rest of the country, we have gotten a lot of snow, and it just keeps coming. The girls aren't tired of it, but I am. I'm trying to have a good attitude about it, though, so the other day we made snow cream. The girls loved it, and I made it again yesterday.







Every year in Expeditions, there's a Grand Prix. The children get blocks of wood and carve them to look like whatever they can imagine. Jill is making a turtle, Beth a jet, Kate a rocket ship, and I'm making mine to look like one of my textbooks. The weigh-in is next week, and I always love seeing what all the children and leaders come up with.



No comments:

Post a Comment